There’s a difference between quick decision making and reckless decision making
Quick decision makers
- considers necessary parameters
- consults necessary stakeholders
- owns up bad decisions, even with lack of time
- delays decision making, if it can cause harm
- thinks about communication while making a decision
Reckless decision makers
- considers parameters that come to mind first
- consults whoever is available
- blames a bad decision on lack of time
- goes ahead with a bad decision, citing a deadline
- communication is an after thought
Quick decision making is dependent on how quickly you’re able to process the different parameters and only consider the ones that are absolutely necessary for decision making. It’s almost like MVP of decision making.
You've reached the end. This is where I ask...
you to join my newsletter. Every week, I'll send you links to interesting things I learn, book, app & video recommendations along with something to make you laugh. Want to join?